Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Just paid for the holiday

Yesterday I did something very depressing. I paid the credit card bill. This is depressing because among the items it held are our holiday expenses, and one or two other rather costly items. It’s driven the bill to an all time high (over £2000). It’s been expected, but if I had paid for the last item on the bill just a day or so later it would not have appeared till next month.

Cyprus was very nice. Kind of Greek British mix. We stayed in Protaras on the south east corner of the island, just round a bit from Ayia Napa. They drive on the same side as us, but they drive very much like Greeks. You don’t need one of those electric plug converter things because they have the same plugs at the same voltage as us. The people were very nice, the sand was very soft on our beach (Fig Tree Bay), the sun shone every day (even when we had a very light shower), the petrol is very cheep (I reckon less than half the price of uk petrol). I want to go back. I can put up with clear blue sea’s which you can see to the bottom of even when it is very deep. If you smoke you won’t have to pay very much for your fix. If you drink spirits there seems to be no such thing as a measure, they just put as much in as looks right (which makes for quite strong cocktails).

I recommend going. But apparently it gets very hot in the middle of summer. We went in May, and it was very pleasant.

Back to work.

3 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Claire said...

I used to live in Cyprus. Think it's time I went back :)

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds top, ATB. I didnt know they drove on the proper side of the road. Must mean they didnt have cars until the 1920s when us colonialists came along

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds top, ATB. I didnt know they drove on the proper side of the road. Must mean they didnt have cars until the 1920s when us colonialists came along

 

Post a Comment

<< Home