Friday, February 10, 2006

Brownie points

Yesterday I was generally grumpy. From the moment I got up things were just bad. The Mrs (names have been changed to protect the innocent) copped most of it. As the day went by at work my mood simmered, but I can’t express anger or annoyance at work, it’s my job to remain calm and helpful. At times my telephone manner would slip slightly. One customer almost detected my frustration at having to explain how to overcome a regular problem – she didn’t know I’d already explained the same thing to three other people that morning. 20 minutes later the problem was fixed (Hooray). And I didn’t get a lunch break again.

Later, at home, I was still Mr Grumpy Fart. I had 45 minutes to scoff dinner before having to leave home for job No.2. Mrs Bear was very patient yet again. I don’t know why she puts up with my moods sometimes. After my shift, via my local 24 hour supermarket, I purchased some lovely brownie points. It was the least I could have done. And this morning she saw them. I should buy flowers more often. I should be less grumpy more often.

Sorry Mrs.

Bear.

3 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Flowers? Ooh, you romantic fool, you!

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw! Surprise flowers are the best. Muchos brownie points...or at least, testicles removed from the blender..!!

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good chap :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home