Monday, February 13, 2006

It’s been a trying weekend.

Firstly we tried to purchase some new flooring for our kitchen and bathroom. We purchased some very good value off cuts suitable for the job. NB – make sure you can fit what you purchase into your chosen mode of transport BEFORE handing money over and saying goodbye to shopkeeper. It’s amazing what you can fit into a Corsa if you push hard enough.

Then we tried to find the house that Mrs Bear’s sister has moved to. Multimap printout at the ready…. Yay, found it. Pah – who needs one of those silly GPRs things? And while we are on the subject of GRPs, my brother says his talks like Darth Vader!

Then we tried to have a quiet night in with some friends and a DVD of The Anchorman. I have to say I hadn’t heard of it until a couple of weeks ago. It’s quite funny, if you like in your face American comedy.

On Sunday I tried to lay the flooring for the bathroom and kitchen with the help of my brother-in-law. We started at 10am by removing the bathroom carpet. That was the only quick and easy part of the day. As I removed it I discovered that the toilet was leaking. Not deterred I carried the old carpet down to the garage and roughly cut the new vinyl to the correct shape. About an hour and a half later with much swearing and dodgy cutting techniques employed we were finished. The kitchen was supposed to be much easier. After moving the fridge freezer and washing machine we placed the new vinyl roll in the kitchen. Oh no it’s all going too well, so let’s have some unfunny pain in the bottom problem. Let’s make the measurements on the roll incorrect so that it flippin isn’t big enough. To make a short story even shorter, half an hour later we were back with a larger roll and off we go! By the end of the day we had a nice new floor in the kitchen and bathroom, so it was worth the effort and bother. All I have to do now is fix the leaky toilet – hmmm, not looking forward to that.

Bear

1 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pain!! But you're very brave; I always ket the pros do it 'cos I know I'd make a complete pig's ear of anything like that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home